What are the aims of UKAP?
Specifically UKAP aims to:
- Raise the profile of ADHD on the healthcare and political agenda to build better futures for children and young people with the condition and their families.
- Drive better access to ADHD diagnosis, support and treatment using evidence-based methodologies and interventions
- Establish and disseminate valid protocols for the screening of ADHD for use by individuals who are not healthcare providers such as those working in education and criminal justice services
- Improve long term educational, occupational and social outcomes for children and young people with ADHD
- Develop and disseminate psychoeducational materials and/or guidance for use by a broad range of services
- Organise conferences and expert workshops on key topics
- Provide expert training and consultancy with regards to ADHD and comorbidities
- Provide a supportive forum for a membership of healthcare and allied professionals
- Employ internet and social networking tools to reach out to allied professionals
- Develop a research network to increase the evidence base for effective treatments